Every month we take advantage of the full moon to lead a relaxing paddle along the upper stretches of the Santa Fe. See nocturnal creatures, experience the awesome quiet and marvel at the reflection of the moon over the still water.
This trip takes approximately three hours. Canoe Outpost provides an experienced guide, who will point out a number of things you might otherwise miss.
The trip begins at the Outpost and, depending on conditions and time of year, either goes upstream to River Rise in O’Leno State Park and back, or downstream to the US-27 bridge. A bonfire will be burning by the time we arrive back at the Outpost for a little post-trip celebration.
Upcoming trip dates include:
- Saturday, January 7, 2017
- Saturday, February 11, 2017
- Saturday, March 11, 2017
- Saturday, April 8, 2017
- Saturday, May 6, 2017
- Saturday, June 10, 2017
- Saturday, July 8, 2017
- Saturday, August 5, 2017
- Saturday, September 2, 2017
- Saturday, September 30, 2017
- Saturday, November 4, 2017
- Saturday, December 2, 2017
- Prices are $55 for one or two people in a canoe or double kayak. Single kayaks and paddle boards are $45 each. Children 12 and under are free.
- Price includes transportation, lifejackets, paddles and tax.
- If you are bringing your own canoe or kayak, contact Canoe Outpost for pricing information.
Take the Next Step
- Book your trip on line.
- Learn about single-day and overnight trips.
- Find out how to help ensure your trip goes as smoothly as possible.
- Check out our detailed river map.
- Learn more about other things to see and do in historic High Springs.